Cost & Payment of Your Prescriptions
Payment options include:
- Payroll deduct for UnityPoint Health team members* - for payroll deduction, the total amount due will be automatically deducted from your paycheck (post tax) in the pay period in which the prescription is picked up or delivered. The date of charge cannot be moved to another paycheck period. If you are using payroll deduct for the cafeteria, the pharmacy charge will appear as a separate line item.
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Other credit cards
Card information may be stored securely using a method that meets Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards. Please contact the pharmacy if you would like this set up.
Learn more about Flexible Spending Accounts.
*Payroll deduct is not available as a payment method for the Moline pharmacy.
What your order will cost
Drugs available from UnityPoint Health pharmacy are divided into copay Tiers:
- UnityPoint Health Savings Plan participants pay 100% of the cost of the medication until the deductible is met, then 20% until the out of pocket maximum is met, then nothing thereafter.
- If you choose to use the brand name medication when a generic is available, you will pay the tier 3 copay as well as the difference between the cost of brand and generic.
- For members with the PPO Network Plan, see below:
|| One Month
| Tier 1 Generic Drugs
| Tier 2 Preferred or Formulary Brand Name Drugs
|Tier 3 Non-Preffered or Non-Formulary Brand Name Drugs
View Formulary (select Preferred RX)
For specific information about costs, you may call the toll-free number on your prescription ID card or contact your benefit provider for this information.
Even if a specific copay cost is given, you may pay less than the listed copay for the medication. By using a UnityPoint Health Pharmacy or HealthPartners mail order pharmacy, a network plan participant will pay 2.5 copays for a 3 month supply of medication. Note: The 3-month for 2.5 copay benefit only applies to individuals who have insurance benefits offered by UnityPoint Health.