Cost & Payment of Your Prescriptions
- Your prescription costs will automatically be deducted from your pay check (post tax).
- Pharmacy charges and credits will be deducted from the pay period in which they occur based on the date the prescription is picked up or mailed.
- Pharmacy staff cannot move the date of charge to another paycheck period.
- Pay by credit or debit card. Complete payment authorization.
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
What your Order will Cost
Drugs available from UnityPoint Health Pharmacy are divided into copay Tiers:
- UnityPoint Health Savings Plan participants pay 100% of the cost of the medication until the deductible is met, then 20% until the out of pocket maximum is met, then nothing thereafter.
- If you choose to use the brand name medication when a generic is available, you will pay the tier 3 copay as well as the difference between the cost of brand and generic.
- For members with the PPO Network Plan
|| One Month
| Tier 1 Generic Drugs
| Tier 2 Preferred or Formulary Brand Name Drugs
|Tier 3 Non-Preffered or Non-Formulary Brand Name Drugs
|Tier 4 Non-Formulary Medications-Not covered
View Formulary (Select Blue Rx Value Plus)
For more specific information about costs, you may call the toll-free number on your prescription ID card or contact your benefit provider for this information. You may also call UnityPoint Health Pharmacy at 1-877-2mailrx (262-4579).
Even if a specific copay cost is given, you may often pay less than the listed copay for the medication. By using a UnityPoint Health Afilliate pharmacy or Catamaran Home Deliver, a network plan participant will pay 2.5 copays for a 3 month supply of medication. Note: The 3 month for 2.5 copay benefit only applies to individuals who have insurance benefits offered by the UnityPoint Health System.